A 35-minute jet boat adventure!
364 days a year…your authentic New Zealand jetboating experience awaits.
The Rapids Jet Experience
We start by getting you into a life jacket and into ‘the zone’ for epic jet boating: calm nerves and lots of excitement!
It’s then a few steps down and into our custom, Kiwi-built boats. Your skilled driver settles you in and gives a quick intro to the beautiful part of the Waikato River that you’re floating on. Then – hold on tight! – you’ll take off for every twist and turn imaginable!
You’ll experience the thrill of ‘surfing’ on the pressure waves of the famous Nga Awa Purua Rapids, squeeze through the narrowest spot of the Waikato River and spin multiple times on the stunning clear water! You might even learn something new, like how hot the bubbling geothermal water is at the river’s edge, a bit of history about the Aratiatia Dam, or how many world-famous movies have been filmed here (keep your eyes peeled for clues in the trees and on the shoreline!).
By the time you return to the jetty 35 minutes later, the kiddos will be smiling ear-to-ear for the rest of the day. And the memories will last forever.Book Now
WHO can ride with Rapids Jet?
Anybody aged 5+ can join us! But do check out our FAQs for more info, and give us a ring to talk about any health concerns or personal limitations: 0800 727 437
WHERE is Rapids Jet?
We’re located on Nga Awa Purua Rd, just off Rapids Rd, in Aratiatia, Taupō. It’s about 15 minutes from Taupō and 50 minutes from Rotorua. Here we are on Google Maps!
WHEN can I come for a ride?
We’re open 364 days a year (only closed on Christmas Day)!
Our office is open from 9am – 5pm, and our boats operate between 9am and 4pm. On busier days, we can depart every hour, on the hour. Book online today, or call to chat about when you’d like to come for a ride:
0800 727 437
WHAT should I wear?
- Any footwear (running shoes, jandals, sandals – it all counts!)
- In summer: comfy, light clothes
- In the winter: warm & waterproof layers, although we do have jackets to keep you dry!
- We provide the life jacket and spray coats. Rapids Jet life jackets are adjustable and able to fit around a 4-5XL. If you are unsure on whether you will fit one of our Jackets, stop by and try one on!
No question is a dumb question at Rapids Jet! Don’t see yours in the FAQs? Contact us today!
- Adult (16yrs+): $129.00 per person
- Child (5 – 15yrs): $75.00 per person
- Family Special – BIGGER SAVINGS!: $333.00 / $408.00*
- Huka Falls River Cruise Combo: $139.00
*prices for 2 adults & 2 children, or 2 adults & 3 children